Friday, October 10, 2008

Tools for the Job Search

I have been in a full-time job search for the past month now, and I wanted to share some of the tools that I have found most helpful or otherwise entertaining:


-Indeed.com - a must for any job searching. It searches all of the other job boards!
-LinkedIn - This is a good site even if you're not specifically looking for a job. It's a professional networking site that allows you to see the compounding value of your network. As you connect with more people, the people that they know can become part of your loose network!
-jibberjobber - I'm playing with this as a tool to track my job hunt and networking efforts. It's takes a bit of learning… We'll see how much I continue to use it for my job tracking.


Job/Career-related Blogs I have enjoyed:
-Penelopetrunk.com - This is one of the first blogs that I checked out, and it has lots of good advice, and not just about career topics. Explore the categories that interest you in her archives!
-Keppie Careers - a good site that's regularly updated and focused to the job search and resume creation!
-Water Cooler Wisdom - Alexandra Levit provides interesting thoughts on what's going on in the work environment. While not specifically about the job search, she's very interesting to read!
-Dan Schwabel's Personal Branding Blog - personal branding guru! Tons of stuff, although I sometimes find it a bit daunting to package oneself as forcefully as I sometimes feel that he presents.

No comments: